Valley Emergency Communication Center
West Valley City, Utah
The Valley Emergency Communications Center (VECC) is a consolidated 911/Dispatch and Backup Emergency Operations Center that includes 19 law enforcementand fire agency serving most of the Salt Lake Valley.
JRCA Architects lead the multi-discipline design and engineering team in the creation of this award-winning facility. Assisted by AECOM and Technology Solutions (formerly CTA Communications), the design team built a consensus around the various user groups to create a working environment supportive of this high stress profession. To provide continuous operation after an earthquake, this hardened and ‘critical’ facility is constructed on seismic base isolation system and includes redundant power, fuel supplies, HVAC systems, and communication links.
Primary featured include:
- 60 Fire & Police Dispatch Consoles
- Backup Emergency Opera on Center
- Training Facili es / Administra on Offi ces
- Utah Communica ons Agency Network (UCAN)
- ‘Prime Site’ for the State’s 800 Mhz Radio System
- 100’ Self Supporting Tower
Project Size: 31,000 S.F.